oh goodness

I was honestly very keyed up today, with all my thoughts reserved for myself, without the ability to immediately broadcast them to the world. That, friends, is a problem. The statement "if only all my nervous tweeting energy could be redirected into my page count for my thesis" neglects the core of the problem, which is a reduced capacity for sustained thought directly caused by the medium of twitter.

What I want is for all the people I tweet at to move to my neighborhood; and I want my life to be ordered such that I don't spend days at a time without substantial time spent with people I like.

Unfortunately there seem to be at least a couple of people who have clicked over and read what I stress-posted yesterday, so it's not quite as much of a shout into the void as might have been beneficial. I comfort myself with the knowledge that twitter itself is a bit of a wasteland this time of year anyway; and what does go on is typically a lot of arguments.

Edited to add: I'll probably end up going to bed at a more reasonable time without the instant availability of others who are also awake. 


Comments