Fasting Meal - 2.27.20 - Thursday after Ash Wednesday

For lunch today, I ate a normal lunch but the sandwich I had was: spinach, hummus, mayonnaise, and cheese instead of meat-based. Hummus sandwiches are actually pretty good and satisfying.

For dinner tonight I reheated the leftover spinach soup from yesterday, and also heated up a vegan "chickenless patty" from Aldi, which I ate as a sandwich with cheese, mayonnaise, and relish.

It's important to make slightly more food than you're planning to eat, because vegetable and dairy/egg-based meals can be less filling than meat-based meals. Also, when I am abstaining from meat I also try not to eat outside of meal times, unless someone offers me food, so I lose out on some calories from that.

Tonight I also roasted some carrots- two medium carrots, sliced in quarters and tossed with olive oil and "cajun seasoning", roasted at 450 for ~24 minutes. I would have eaten them if I was still hungry but since I wasn't, I'll eat them tomorrow when I'm vegan for Fridays.

Comments